Welcome to BrownSpaceMan!
Hello space travellers and citizens alike. Today is Astronomy day! What a great day to celebrate the love of astronomy between astronomers and the public. I fell in love with astronomy through the father of astronomy himself. Carl Sagan. I thank him for unlocking my passion for truth, the universe, and life as we know it. Here are a few crazy facts that astronomers have uncovered that will humble you.
5 Interesting Facts About Astronomy
1) We all know that the universe is really really really really really big. Unimaginably big. What we didn’t know is that we hardly even take up any space. I’m not talking about the Milky Way. I’m talking about matter. Here’s what I mean:
We don’t fully understand what dark energy is nor dark matter and that takes up most of the universe. Unbelievable.
2) If you were to put the planet Saturn in water it would float.
3) Seasons last 21 years on Uranus while each pole has 42 years of sunlight followed by 42 years of darkness. As well as Uranus is strangely rotating on its side.
4) Venus has no seasons at all as well as it is the hottest planet in our solar system with an average temperature of 460 degrees Celsius.
5) Last but not least one of my favorite facts is a quote from the man himself. Neil Degrasse Tyson. Watch this:
Bonus: One of my favorite Neil Degrasse Tyson videos
Latest posts by Zain Husain (see all)
- NASA Invests in 22 Exploration Concepts that will Ignite the Future - April 16, 2017
- Carnival of Space 505: Best Weekly Space Stories - April 14, 2017
- Astronomers Discover Surprising New Class of X-Ray Pulsating Stars - March 26, 2017